• Banyana star Andile Dlamini, Themba Zwane, swimmer Lara van Niekerk win big at SA Sports Awards
    Banyana Banyana and Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies goalkeeper Andile Dlamini has been named Sports Star of the Year at the 16th Annual South African Sports Awards as Bafana Bafana player Themba Zwane won the People's Choice Award.
  • Scarlets down the Sharks despite the latter having their Boks back
    They have assembled Galacticos but disconcertingly, the players that make up the Sharks appear galaxies apart.
  • Police seize drugs worth R300,000 at lodge used as drug lab
    Gauteng police discovered a drug lab and seized drugs worth about R300,000 on Friday at a lodge in Midrand.
  • A fun 11-over slog-a-thon sees the West Indies top Proteas
    Never mind this being barely half a game, it was still one rich in entertainment with the West Indies flexing their muscles and claiming a  three-wicket victory under a leaden sky here on Saturday evening.
  • Cuba holds sham 'election' amid biggest people exodus since revolution
    The government insists the vote is a unique form of democracy and is urging citizens to head to the polls and tick a single box that approves all 470 candidates, as a show of mass defiance against US sanctions.
  • Hugo Broos is not quitting Bafana Bafana
    Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos has apologised for his behaviour after South Africa’s shocking performance against Liberia on Friday and has reaffirmed his commitment to the national team.
  • BP decision to withdraw from jet fuel supply unrelated to Russia, says Acsa
    BP started officially engaging Acsa more than a year ago in February 2022, with respect to their change in global strategy, Acsa says
  • Wanted Online: First taste of Club Kloof
    The latest addition to the eclectic and eccentric Kloof Street neighbourhood is an oh-so stylish Italian-ish restaurant and bar
  • MARKET WRAP: JSE weaker as banking sector jitters persist
    A slump in Deutsche Bank shares in Europe raised fresh jitters about the fragility of banks
  • WATCH: Unpacking Nehawu’s healthcare workers strike
    Business Day TV spoke to Luyolo Mkentane, Politics & Labour Writer for Business Day
  • Independent Media staff slapped with last-minute 25% salary cut
    Independent media staff woke to the shocking news on Friday that they would only be paid 75% of their salary, with the other 25% being "advised" during the coming week
  • Calls for probe into ‘ill’ Joburg council speaker who attended Tshwane meeting
    Colleen Makhubele said there was nothing untoward about her attending the Tshwane meeting